The Tunnel HERCULES washing system is a reference point in the car wash world for its distinguishing characteristics. Its solid structure made to last over time, the flexibility of the software and the characteristic modularity, make it a benchmark in the landscape of tunnel washing plans and an ideal tool to ensure to the business reliability and concreteness. Low energy consumption and very low running and maintenance costs, among the lowest in the market, make it a balanced and secure income tool. Flexibility, reliability, robustness, and modularity are the basic concepts on which was built the success of HERCULES.
The biggest advantage of Hercules, which distinguishes it from competitors, is that it can serve a large number of vehicles per hour. This tunnel is suitable to wash up to 60 cars per hour (Turbo Evolution Model) or up to 90 cars per hour (Translating Model).
Hercules is characterized by:
- Attention to energy saving and environmental protection, with the double-circuit device for water recycling;
- Economic efficiency;
- Vehicles washing and drying quality, positioned and towed in complete safety;
- Modularity, enabled by the high number of configurations, for every need of space, use, and investment, and complemented by a wide range of accessories;
- Robustness of the structures made of hot galvanized steel;
- Self-diagnosis and self-learning software intelligence, for safer and more accurate management of all stages of the washing and drying cycle and reduction of dead times;
- Reliability and performance, proved by a large number of machines installed in the world.
The structure and principles of operation of the tunnel
The system allows the configuration of a very wide range of different washing tunnels. Hercules Tunnels could be subdivided into the following sections: entry pre-wash; Wheel-wash; high pressure; brushes; wax; drying; and exit.
The entrance is equipped with a self-aligning platform with a roller or sliding element; entrance front with a traffic light (optional); and activation device with a touch-screen interface.
Pre-treatment part includes: fixed emollient arc or controur following (optional); rinsing arc with high pressure (optional); chassis wash (optional); Wheel wash (optional); half brushes (optional); sides wash (optional); coloured foam (optional).
Brushes Group involves: fixed horizontal brush; additional fixed horizontal brush (optional); 4 vertical brushes fixed groups (hercules standard productivity version); 4 vertical swing groups (hercules high-performance version) available in the following configurations
- 2 couples of translating brushes;
- 1 pair of translating brushes + 2 single translating brushes;
- 4 single translating brushes.
Drying phase provided by the wax dispensing arc; superwax dispensing arc (optional); felt separation curtain (optional); horizontal drying with contour following blade; side drying with pair of fixed blades; extra horizontal drying with a contour following blade.
The conveyor system is embedded at floor level. Starting and stopping of the conveyor are carried out automatically. The push rollers are equipped with the protection devices to prevent the accidental placing of the foot under the roller. The conveyor frame is without wheel guides and is equipped with a new type of "covered" towing chain which improves the dragging of the vehicles with low-profile tires. A wheel correlator system and a roller positioning device are installed on the conveyor entry side to facilitate the introduction of the vehicle.
The dimensions of the vehicle to be washed must not exceed these characteristics:
- Maximum vehicle width 2100 mm;
- Maximum vehicle height 2300 mm.
The wheelbase of the vehicle to be washed must be between a minimum of 1950 mm and a maximum of 2950 mm. Importantly, the width of the vehicle tires must not exceed 350 mm.
The electrical system is made according to the current European regulations, the electrical components of the leading international brands are of high quality. The entire system is managed by programmable logic (PLC). The vehicle counters are password protected like each engine is individually protected against overloads and short circuits. The installation can operate with power supply:
- 400 Volt + 10% and 50/60 Hz frequency.
The pneumatic circuit is equipped with a pressure switch. The water supply is split: it is designed to feed the system both with fresh and recycled water. The system is equipped with manual flow regulators on each spray arc and with automatic condensate drainage from the inlet air filter.
The system is equipped with solenoid valves for winter drainage of the water circuit, against possible winter frosts. The activation takes place via a guided choice from the operator panel and temperature probe.
The system software monitors the operation of all parts of the washing plant. In the event of a failure, the control device displays an error code indicating the cause of the failure. This function often prevents the intervention of the Technical Assistance Service or, in any case, makes the intervention more efficient as the call can give the operator more accurate information on the nature of the failure. The HERCULES line applies the "fault-tolerant" philosophy: the total shutdown of the system happens only in case of failures that concern the main parts necessary for the washing cycle and for the safety of people or things. In other cases, the failure is signaled by the diagnostic device, and the cycle continues with the self-exclusion of the failed part.
Following consumption data refer to a washing tunnel equipped with:
- Pre-wash chemical arch;
- Low side brushes;
- Contour following high-pressure arch;
- 5-brushes station (1st pair translating side brushes + 2nd pair translating side brushes + fixed top brush);
- Super wax arch;
- High capacity dryer.
Comments on the above data:
- the programmes are indicative;
- the consumption tests were carried out using a vehicle with a length of 4.5 meters;
- the power consumptions include the 1.5 KW water pump for the brushes, the 4 KW under-chassis pump and the 18.5 kW high-pressure pump.
Consequently, Hercules is an ideal tunnel washing system, which is equipped with powerful mechanisms that provide excellent quality. In addition, it is the perfect solution for high throughput since it combines high performance with a large number of cars per hour.